16 May 2006

yes, it was good


(ava in front of 'white panel II' by ellsworth kelly)

better even than last year:

1. zucca from figo and the sun was shining. ava's face covered with spaghetti sauce and conversations with my fantastic mother-in-law.

2. the cards that are handmade and handpainted, they get to me.

3. my girl and I, we hit up the high museum of art for the afternoon. I missed out on the free hand massages they were giving out but a double chocolate cupcake split down the middle more than made up for that. oh yeah, and there was art.

4. ezra's arms tight around my neck.

5. reading 'ramona the brave' to ava underneath the large paper lanterns that hang over her bed.

and at the end of the day, there he was. showering me with love and praise, taking care of me (like he always does) and reminding me that I am a good mother.


(the piece behind ava is 'green curve' by ellsworth kelly)

13 comments:

  1. sounds like a fabfab day.

    my daughter just got the same dress your daughter is sportin', cept in green. so cute. wish it came in my size :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes - Ramona books! Your Ava is so lucky you're introducing her to Ramona! I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was great seeing you at the Rialto last week but I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post ~ I love the pics of Ava, she's got verve. I also love Ellsworth Kelly paintings. I've been meaning to start taking my girl to the museums but wasn't sure if she'd like it.....you've inspired me, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh andrea... i LOVED those ramona books... and the photos of ava w/ ellsworth. DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!

    happy belated mother's day to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post!

    you inspire me to think of all the wonderful things in my life instead of focusing on the shitty ones!

    thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's Chuck? Did Ava get to say "hi" to the Hologram Man??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Ramona books in bed! I love days that are full of these type of moments :) Lovely blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!
    Have you read her Junie B. Jones books yet? Yo, I laugh out loud to those.

    Happy Mommy's Day, girl. You deserved a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect day -- and Ramona! Lovely... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing picutres--i can tell ava already have your dance moves from that first pic.
    happy mother's day you super mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE the first pic of Ava! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ramona the brave is the best. it's still among my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete