11 June 2010
list eighteen plus photobooth friday: six things I love about ezra
ezra is six today. six. and I'm sort of in shock, as I always am each year. as if time has ever done anything other than run rampant and wreak havoc on the lives of people everywhere. here's the thing: I love this kid. for at least a thousand different reasons. but I've got a vanilla birthday cake to bake so here are six:
1. he is absolutely hilarious. everyday, he is hilarious.
2. he pronounces the word hamburger hamburgerger. this kills me.
3. the sound of afrika bambaata causes him to drop everything and dance. if these turn out to be his early b-boy years and he goes on to win the world over with back spins, windmills and toprock, I shall surely cry many salty tears of joy.
4. he calls sunlight 'shine'. as in, mama, I need to roll the window down so I can feel the shine. I need the shine.
5. without fail, he is lulled to sleep every single night with my very special bill murray lullaby rendition of the star wars song.
6. he loves freely. totally and completely, no holds barred. tis a thing of beauty, my friends. and to be on the receiving end of such love? no words.
happy 6th birthday, awesome boy of mine. life without you would be a total drag.
(eighteen down, thirty-four to go)