11 June 2010
list eighteen plus photobooth friday: six things I love about ezra
ezra is six today. six. and I'm sort of in shock, as I always am each year. as if time has ever done anything other than run rampant and wreak havoc on the lives of people everywhere. here's the thing: I love this kid. for at least a thousand different reasons. but I've got a vanilla birthday cake to bake so here are six:
1. he is absolutely hilarious. everyday, he is hilarious.
2. he pronounces the word hamburger hamburgerger. this kills me.
3. the sound of afrika bambaata causes him to drop everything and dance. if these turn out to be his early b-boy years and he goes on to win the world over with back spins, windmills and toprock, I shall surely cry many salty tears of joy.
4. he calls sunlight 'shine'. as in, mama, I need to roll the window down so I can feel the shine. I need the shine.
5. without fail, he is lulled to sleep every single night with my very special bill murray lullaby rendition of the star wars song.
6. he loves freely. totally and completely, no holds barred. tis a thing of beauty, my friends. and to be on the receiving end of such love? no words.
happy 6th birthday, awesome boy of mine. life without you would be a total drag.
(eighteen down, thirty-four to go)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
ah, happy birthday ezra. you sound like a really cool person to know.ReplyDelete
so sweet andrea, made me tear up! :)
oh this post is so heartwarming. i know the feeling so well. i hope your boy has the best birthday ever! oxoReplyDelete
Great post, and oh, so perfect. We could list 600 more, I'm sure. Love this kid. Love HIM!ReplyDelete
happy birthday ezra!!ReplyDelete
He sounds like a really special little man :)
what a special, wonderful and gift of a boyReplyDelete
Happy birthday, Ezra! Sounds like quite the guy. :) Plus he's so very extremely cute.ReplyDelete
This is such a sweet and funny list! He sounds like the coolest boy and your family seems to have so much fun together! That is so awesome.ReplyDelete
happy, happy birthday ezra!ReplyDelete
happy bday ezra!ReplyDelete
hope your day is full of shine!
The fact that Ezra is LULLED TO SLEEP by that Bill Murray thing thrills me to no end. I officially love that kid.ReplyDelete
Happy Birthday, Ezra. And if you happen to be looking for a future wife, boy do I have the 6-year-old girl for you ...
what is not to love on that list?ReplyDelete
happy birthday to your son Ezra.
I think I might start calling sunlight "shine" from now on. So great!ReplyDelete
I love you and yours with deeply measurable ache (and I miss you the same)...ReplyDelete
#6 made me cry. Isn't it wonderful to be loved by a child?ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing.
happy, happy day to ezra. he sounds like the bee's knees.ReplyDelete
our youngest turned two the other day, and i am not to proud to admit that this made me cry a little.
***** Happy Birthday Ezra! ********ReplyDelete
fab photobooth shots! happy birthday!!ReplyDelete
He sounds Amazing. I have a pretty cool 3 year old he could team up with a few decades! Can't wait to see what you do for his party. You always have the best celebrations. ;)ReplyDelete
happy belated, ezra!ReplyDelete
so glad your mama blogs about you because if she didn't...THAT would be a drag...
it has been a treat to watch you grow up over all these years, through your adoring-mama's eyes. xo
keep up the good work, kiddo.
I'm late to the party, but just had to say how much I love this.ReplyDelete