24 December 2013

sundays (51/52)

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

51//52

sunday, december the 22nd: neon candies, ward's little gingerbread house, christmas records on repeat, string lights in great abundance, ava's tiny gingerbread castle, the way I will remember the decorations, minecraft in full effect, ezra's military gingerbread fort (cherry sours= ammunition), a beloved childhood ornament along with sweet drawings from the kids, more happy-making, my gingerbread house, the little forest that comes out once a year to live on the mantle.

it's been three years since we've been in our own home for christmas. three years. as much as we miss family, it feels good to slow down for a second, feels good to be quiet. feels good to bake in my own kitchen, wake up in my own bed on christmas eve. didn't even know how much I missed it all until now.

(sundays sundays sundays) (wrapping up the project this week)

6 comments:

  1. Imma going to break in your house and steal all those Christmas trees on your mantel. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found Christmas yet this year so I'm peeking at it through other's experiences. Thank you for sharing. Looks like you found it all right. Enjoy being at home this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it all. merry christmas to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy christmas xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season :)

    What a fun tradition and to be back in your own home too :)

    My "kids" are now at the point where beer drinking, eating EVERYTHING in sight and Blazer games are their down time from work (but I do miss those Gingerbread house and cookies making times)

    Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete