22 July 2010
list twenty-two: things learned over the weekend
I spent time at the coast with some of my people this past weekend. I came away feeling totally and completely loved but also, I learned a few things. for example:
1. aqua net works serious wonders.
2. beet salads are the most beautiful salads in the world.
3. I can totally rock sandals with straps across the ankles. and this is really big news. because according to the fashion world, sandals with straps across the ankles break the natural line of the leg, therefore causing those of us who are shorter to look as if our legs have been reduced to unsightly stumps. therefore, not recommended. for years, I really believed this. apparently, the fashion world is wrong about a lot of stuff.
4. a big bowl full of tootsie pops is still a total crowd pleaser.
5. two pregnant bellies are infinitely better than one.
6. bright teal nail polish is so right now.
7. I might need to break down and read twilight.
8. attaching googly eyes to random household items like toilet paper rolls, hair spray cans and chocolate donuts makes for happy people.
9. painting with your hands is the best part.
10. the occasional splurge can always be justified in that it totally invites abundance. totally.
11. myriam's almond cake is magic.
12. blowing through two packs of polaroid film in three days is never a mistake.
13. think big. and when you're done thinking big, THINK BIGGER.
14. sometimes you find religion at the hot dog stand.
15. when in doubt, lionel richie.
(twenty-two down, thirty to go)