27 August 2017

sunday seven

 
hello fine people on this fine sunday evening. here are seven instagram feeds that crack my world open on the daily:

1. everyday everywhere 
2. everyday black america 
3. everyday latin america 
4. everyday africa  
5. everyday asia
6. everydaymiddleeast
7. everyday migration

there are at least sixteen to seventeen additional everyday instagram accounts from all over and I follow as many as I can find. they connect me to the world daily, broaden my scope profoundly and bring me immeasurable joy. 

white people, we can make sure the folks we follow on social media come from all walks of life. we can. 

in the interest of dismantling white supremacy, I realize this is a fairly small action. and lord knows instagram is not the answer. but making conscious decisions to follow a wide variety of voices, get to know new folks with different experiences, fill our feeds with new stories and diverse perspectives daily, is. it absolutely should not stop here but friends, it's a good place to start.