05 November 2013

list forty-seven: 17 things to do with confetti

list forty-seven

I keep a little bit of confetti in the house for the same reason I keep a party horn at the bottom of my purse. you never know. buy a bag when you see it and when you need it, it's there. seventeen things to do with it:

1. put in bowl like candy

2. send anonymously to friends

3. spread in trail-like fashion around neighborhood

4. stuff in pockets of unsuspecting persons

5. sprinkle in shoes of unsuspecting family members

6. hide in plastic easter eggs all over town

7. send pinch in with bills

8. send smidge in with tax return

9. leave in school lunch boxes

10. leave in self help aisle of favorite book shop

11. leave with generous tip at restaurant

12. sprinkle in cracks of sidewalk

13. scatter at downtown bus stop

14. scatter in stall of public bathroom

15. use as inspiration for entire outfit

16. wear in hair, pretend not to notice

17. put under pillow, wish for great things

22 comments:

  1. I love it. #7 is my favorite. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? something about sending in confetti with a paid bill that just feels right.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just found you through Roben-Marie Smith! I love confetti...you are definitely one of "my people"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks! glad you found your way here :)

      Delete
  3. I love this so much it hurts. My eyes and smile grew wider with each possibility. Thanks so much for this much needed list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and... include in a surprise ball! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! in fact, I almost used the photo of ava with the confetti from your surprise ball for this...!

      Delete
  5. Confetti makes me crazy, but 3, 7, 8 and 16 sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 16 and 17 should be in the rules of confetti! Love this so much I shared it on my blog today. Clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks, will head over and check it out!

      Delete
  7. i've NEVER had confetti in my shoes! what the cuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! (here's hoping it happens to both of us one of these days) xo

      Delete
  8. This is a perfect example of just why I love you so much! You are SO my kind of people! And this post is exactly the thing I needed to push the button on the confetti gun and refills that have been sitting in my amazon shopping cart for months. I'm totally going to stick a bag of confetti in my bag from now on. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lady! thank you so much! and confetti gun? YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES xx

      Delete
  9. ah this post! it makes me excited for life! i cannot read it and not grin--thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha -- will they audit me if I add confetti to my tax return? I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if they do, shower them with confetti at the onset of the audit.

      Delete