05 January 2007

photobooth friday



firstly: I think her name was something like a judith. and she wanted to be a writer but ended up in cosmetology school instead. you know, because her uncle said he'd pay for it and all.

secondly: dig that ridiculously fantastic coat collar. and something about her pose, the plaid background and striped awning at the top of the frame has me happy in a way I can't really explain.

lastly (and most importantly): thank you, photobooth angel, for sending me a christmas card full of vintage photobooth snapshots. all those little sepia-toned squares falling into my lap when I least expected it. like manna from heaven. a thousand times over, thank you. (you know who you are)

and the first official photobooth friday postings of the new year are (drum roll, please):

jesC
acumamakiki
a.stray
bobby S
scrumdillydilly
j├Ârdis
matt!?

(with honorable mentions to nessie noodle and woof nanny)

7 comments:

  1. what a great photo! thank you for your email - so thoughtful. i've said it before but it's worth saying again, i love your blog/words/photos here and i am so happy to have "met" you. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo...this is one of my favourites. "lovely" is a perfect word for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo! I love her sass and spunk, she's got a twinkle in her eye.
    I bought myself an ebay auction of vintage photos and I carefully lay them out and squeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. awesome post and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oozes personality.... and that curtain?? sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. and that look in her eye...i love that look in her eye...

    ReplyDelete