08 November 2015

how we remember































this is how we remember. slightly out of focus, in chunks of color and light. details of memories with edges that soften and bleed until all that's left are shapes and colors and the very idea of the thing. edges and middles of memories that eventually settle into deep, cerebral places. it makes sense to me to shoot like this, to throw the focus every once in a while, see things how I remember them, how I really and truly remember them. it seems more honest this way, it looks and feels the way memories play out in my head.

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, sometimes it feels more natural this way. Love the mood in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Beautiful slices of your life here, Andrea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shoot primarily with a Holga, and this happens on its on a lot.... But I am never sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this really makes my heart soar! "this is how we remember things... slightly out of focus" Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful. I love the images, and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Man! It's good to have you back in the game, sister. Those shots are phenomenal. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning A. :)

    Love you images & your words :) T.

    ReplyDelete