18 June 2012

she's here


the newest of summer clogs and fresh strawberries from our garden. FROM OUR GARDEN. and I yell this because I'm amazed. amazed when anything grows, when things go from seed or tiny plant to full on crazy fantastic abundance. I am always in awe. I went out saturday morning for a handful and just kept finding them, kept picking and picking. and then I brought them inside and they made the whole house smell like summer. then we ate them, of course but not before I sat and stared at them for a while, let them fill the house with that spectacular sun-drenched strawberry smell.

summer, she's here. she's finally here.

11 comments:

  1. Ive been following your blog for a while but have never commented - just wanted to say that your an inspiration to my work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreeeee I love it when all our plants bear fruits! That excitement! I can't wait for my tomatoes to grow! I want to live near a strawberry field and just spend summer afternoons there and read books and just relax! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally. i know i know. finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny how I also always refer to summer as "she"...happy summer Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Full on crazy fantastic abundance."

    I'm going to put that phrase on the wall over my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo for strawberries!! I love this time of year for the fresh strawberries ( because the sun is still elusive) and other berries at the farmers markets. As for planting at home, only if I want to treat the deer right now... = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Summer! And those strawberries look wonderful.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray for red clogs! Love those! I am pressing my hubby to move us back to the western US, in particular Portland, love it there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those look delicious! Hooray for summer!

    xoxo
    Janee
    www.yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there hula, I love these photos. the red clogs on the tiled floor look like they are ready to do a Mondrian dance and the strawberries....yum, yum, yum.... finger licking good!!!! I am so happy your summer has arrived, in North-West France we're still waitin, still waitin, we're still waitin....

    ReplyDelete
  11. clog love!!!! and red love. hooray for summer abundance.

    ReplyDelete