07 May 2012

saturday night


saturday night= hoodies and sweaters over pajamas, the pull of the super moon. we are a people who love super sized things.  the shuffling down to the street corner, the looking, the waiting, the cursing of clouds. the super moon finally rising, bathing us in super moonlight.

the shuffling back to the house, the arguing over which movie to watch, to microwave popcorn or not to microwave popcorn, the crowding that happens on the big green couch, the tangle of blankets and legs, lights off, all lights off, the glow and flicker of the television screen, the glow of the super moon outside.

these are the kinds of things I want to remember.

14 comments:

  1. it was pretty amazing, that super moon. we had a family movie night that night too. it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was, it was. and perfect a night for a movie. not sure why. but perfect.

      Delete
  2. Seems like an exciting & calm evening for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, it was a good night. ordinary but not so ordinary. if that makes any sense at all. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this super moon so much!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful the way you described your super moon experience. I snapped some shots and slowly faded to sleep. Here is my photo if you'd like to see!
    http://imbeetlebailey.blogspot.com/2012/05/super-moon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slowly fading into sleep is my favorite way to do it. :) off to check out your super moon shot!

      Delete
  5. I had an idea a while ago and never did anything with it. This post has me thinking about it again... so I'm going to run with it. Emailing you now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got your email and totally excited! I'm in! email headed your way later on today! xo

      Delete
  6. my brother and his soon-to-be fiancee were over. we all pranced around in the yard under the moon. i think we grew antlers and hoofs for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. prancing in the moonlight, I approve. :)

      Delete
  7. Love this! Ok now I want to know what movie won and was it any good and did it even matter? This definitely made me want to be more intentional with my TV watching, really do it up right with the atmosphere, popcorn, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey thanks! movie we watched= labyrinth. which was partially chosen because we'd watched the doc 'being elmo' earlier and everyone was all hopped up on puppetry. not really my thing but how could I argue with that? :)

    ReplyDelete