25 May 2012

the magic pool scene







that magic pool scene. you know, the palm springs one I was telling you about.

magic because it was hot enough to swim. because everything was pretty. sunshine yellow shower heads, stacks of bright white cotton towels, palmiest palm trees, turquoise waters. magic because I wore my mom bathing suit anyway. in that sea of thin rich white cool, I wore my mom bathing suit and if you have ever been in that situation (you know the one I'm talking about) then you know that this is no small victory.

magic because there was night swimming. because when my friend nataly floated on her back and looked up at the stars she said she would never forget it. and she was right. we will never forget that night.

8 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but there is something about that top photo I love ... maybe the concrete wall and somewhat industrial lights with the vines growing. Great shot ... thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'll tell you, I shot that wall at least a dozen different ways but there was something about the light in this one. xo

      Delete
  2. i so hear you on the wading in amongst the thin white folk -- i feel like i'm swimming in that pool every day and fully-clothed here in l.a...
    i've been thinking that the secret is a flowery swim cap, cat's eye sunglasses, and bright red lipstick (or turquoise toenail polish, ahem).
    or perhaps some sort of swim BURKA...?
    (where did you find your suit?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine dealing with that sort of wading on the daily. I have no doubt you shine despite it, friend. or perhaps, because of it? yes. the secret is absolutely a flowery swim cap! which I just happened to find at a market last weekend. must post a pic for you! you will love it. and yes also to cat eye sunglasses and bright red lipstick.

      my suit? land's end, of all place. chocolate brown bottoms, tank with a lovely aqua pattern. I actually sort of like it, even if it is a mom suit. it took me a while but I've come around now and I love it.

      Delete
  3. That sounds very special indeed! And the pictures are wonderful too<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it was! (and thanks for the kind words re: the photos) :)

      Delete
  4. i've been dreaming of having a stack of white towels for awhile. there's just something about it that i love. and night swimming....it's been awhile since i've done that. i need to make that happen this summer:)

    ReplyDelete