10 April 2019

131/365

brushes with celebrity (the order in which they occurred):

evander holyfield, in the stairwell at an ailey show 
digable planets (sans ladybug mecca), on a brooklyn street corner, right after their first album came out 
kriss kross, at an atlanta movie theatre concession stand, whom I inexplicably felt compelled to tell just "how great I thought cherry slushies were"
sigourney weaver, at the moma gift shop, towering over the art books
lauren graham, at a los angeles antique shop, bored 
isaac mizrahi, in the village, walking a teeny tiny toy dog 
andre 3000, at an atlanta movie theatre, wearing a periwinkle silk turban
I REPEAT, ANDRE 3000 AT A MOVIE THEATRE, WEARING A PERIWINKLE SILK TURBAN
carrie brownstein, at my target in portland, looking at the same cheapo clothes I was
natalie portman, shopping for vintage on the lodekka bus while I was working there, wearing a trench coat and sunglasses and bejeweled flip flops in the middle of summer
maggie gyllenhaal and peter sarsgaard, in park slope, magical land of magical brownstones, yoga mats in tow

4 comments:

  1. Oooo...intersecting brush...a woman asks my partner if she can sit down at the table he's sitting at outside starbucks in London + he says sure. Then someone comes up + asks her for her autograph...Natalie Portman's autograph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! she's very unassuming. (which I found to be quite lovely).

      Delete
  2. Last week I was in Boston sitting on a bench outside the Fine Arts Museum planning what I wanted to make sure I saw and a black towncar pulled up and Christian Siriano got out. I guess maybe he was going in to see the fashion and gender exhibit too. He had a red pantsuit in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. christian siriano! in a red pantsuit! that's terrific.

      Delete