21 January 2013

I love people the most

monday*
phoebe


corey






ezra


jeremy





ray






ava

I've been thinking about portraits a lot lately. am working on a book (number 64, you know, from the list). I've been thinking and looking. compiling. then thinking, looking, thinking some more. I'd like to make more portraits. I don't ever want to stop, really. if I could, I'd go back in time and take a polaroid portrait of my mom. but I can't. I can't think about that anymore, I just can't so instead I'll concentrate on the photographs I do have of her. and so maybe that's another book I'll have to make.

in other news (in perhaps the most belated news), the top photograph was featured over at the impossible project as the 'roid week gallery winner way back in august. but august was rough and so (thrilled as I was) it was a special honor that sort of went quietly unnoticed. I think I can celebrate it now. I think maybe I'm at a point where I can finally celebrate. just a little.

more polaroid portraits here.

22 comments:

  1. I love your portaits! They are amazing. Every single one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, these are incredible. i think i love Joy's the most. so rockin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, these are so incredible. Phoebe and Ava resonated with me the most - LOVE! If we ever meet in real life I would love for you to take a polaroid portrait of me. :)

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh that last photo just took my breath away....wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, these portraits are fabulous. love them so much. beautiful work and thank you for sharing. i hope your pain is easing as each day passes. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats hun. you really are so talented; you deserve every bit of recognition that comes your way.
    i think you should do a series of self-portraits too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JEREMY! My most favorite and fun, bearded friend! One of my very closest friends from college. I'm so glad you know each other...I assume from church? So weird to think that my friends still keep making new friends (even each other) in my absence. Weird in the best, most lovely sense. Hope you are healing and thriving, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these really are portraits rathers than just pictures. very lovely. i especially like ava's and susannah's.

    i can just imagine the kind of beautiful you'd make of a book full of pictures of your mother. it will be incredible.

    lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Andrea, these had me ooooing and ahhhhing SO much at. every. single. one.
    Make the book happen, I'd love to hold that in my hands.
    You will find a way. It's your thing and should be celebrated.
    GO for IT! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I rarely take Polaroid portraits but I do have one of each of my kids that I just enlarged and framed. Thank you for the reminder to keep shooting the faces I love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic, particularly all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and the people love you missus! xoxo, thanks for making me look purty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are the mistress of the pola portrait, honey - sending lots of love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. man oh man.
    these are good.
    I am humbled by your skill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soo so beautiful. Can't believe you know the guy from listener. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win, Andrea. And so glad that you're allowing yourself those sweet little victories when you can. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all wonderful. I'm dying over Ava's hat. Plus, that's the best, most Susannah-ish portrait I've ever seen of her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Polaroid portraits are always so amazing. They're so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These portraits are so inspiring, :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where do you find such interesting people to take photos of? Everyone looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete