10 February 2010

blog it forward, baby

word on the the street is that this whole blog it forward thing started with a conversation victoria had on twitter. one thing lead to another and voila: the ultimate blogger mash-up. three hundred bloggers from all over the world writing about what inspires them, starting today with me, victoria and eight other terrifically lovely and inspiring blogs.

hello, I'm inspired by color:



color color color.



color found



in my everyday.



color found while looking up and



looking down.



color found out on the street and



abandoned on the side of the road.



color found at the market,



the cupcake shop and



the thrift store.



color found in snow cones,



inside a box of crayons and



in an assortment of found papers cut and pasted together.



color found in my kitchen and



in corners of my home and



in so many of my personal collections.


color found while traveling and



then traveling some more.



color found in dance and movement and



in street art.



color found in the paintings and drawings my children make and



in the spectacular work my husband does.



color found in photography, in the way my world looks through a few favorite viewfinders.

color color color, everywhere I look.

you should know, color is only the first item on a long and lovely list. modern dance, art, photography, books, films, music, my family. it's a list that makes my head spin, a list that needs more time, more space, more everything. consider color my official jumping off place and the beginning of a long conversation to be continued in fits and starts.

tomorrow, follow the parade of virtual inspiration over to a blog called good good. because with a blog title like that, you just know. it's going to be good.

39 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post. Love the inspiration and pictures. I can't wait to do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post and all of your pictures reminds me just how long I've been coming to your space here. And what a treat it was to meet a year ago in your beautiful city that I love with all my heart and still hopepraydream I will call my own sooner than soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! i love this so much, andrea!! beautiful, beautiful, inspiring color! and now, i'm also craving a snowcone! :)

    thank you so much for being such a great part of our mashup! xoxo, v.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love this. so. much. Thank you for such great inspirations! Gorgeous colors, too... made me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, then. you can add color to the super long list of why we get along so well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. somehow you do color perfectly...my color today blinded me and I had to fix it for anyone looking at my blog...but I bet your eyes would love it just the way it was....if you have time, you can take a peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and wonderful post! Colours just seem to do the trick of bringing a smile.

    wee side note: I found out this book is coming out next month and thought of you immediately: http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=9781568988887

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, I really really love this post! It's been months since I've started following your blog & I must say, this post is definitely a favorite. This is inspiration in itself! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. eye popping and inspiring. i love color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such an awesome collection of photos! Love it! Thanks for passing on the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and inspiring in every way! Thank you for sharing your inspirations with us today!
    xo Ez

    Creature Comforts blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty - I just did a colour post a couple of days ago!!

    http://www.paisleyjade.com/2010/02/i-heart-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a color gal myself! So glad to have found you, this mashup is gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh - another reason why I want to come to Portland. You have a wonderful eye, and this is a beautiful post. This whole mash up thing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really? you like colour? i never would have guessed :) sending you a big rainbow-coloured smooch xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with jessica...this is the perfect summary of why I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read your inspirational post this fine morn and now I am inspired...thank you. Great blog!

    Smiles ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  18. I simply love it, of course I love color 2

    ReplyDelete
  19. you and me both, lady, you and me both.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a happy full of laughter kinda post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is one of my fav posts!!! (not to play favs...) but the color is fabulous & INSPIRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the color inspo! Lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea! And I love the vintage feel to all your photographs. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore color too...just blogged about it yesterday in one of my "50things" post :)

    http://everyday-glimpses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colorful photos. Thanks for inspiring me with color!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you can never go wrong when colour is involved, wonderful post! very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely inspirations, can't wait to come back to your blog when i have a little more time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, such brilliant colours. I needed to see them on such a grey day. I can't wait for bright summer sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this colorful post put me in a fine & happy mood~thx!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're an inspiration.
    SWEET weekend my colourful friend!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm loving all your COLOR! So bright and fun - oh, and *inspirational* :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love color, so the images in this post really appeal to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good grief. That just made me smile ear to ear, you.

    (Are you feeling better? xo)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love color, thanx 4 sharing! btw come visit www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete