16 June 2008

wow



the sign-up for the postcard swap is now officially closed. and I am officially shocked by the overwhelming response. about a week ago, the mister wondered if maybe I should close the swap sign-up a little early. um, you do have a life and a family to look after, he said. but I just couldn't do it. partially because I wanted to honor what I'd originally said but also because the comments and emails kept coming in. I couldn't stop it, I just couldn't. wow. thank you, all you lovers of summer, you lovers of postcard swaps! you are from all over the country, all over the world. my inbox is singing, my humble little laptop is all abuzz with your enthusiasm.

the details will be coming your way soon, friends. you should receive an email from me in the next couple of weeks with the next round of instructions. a few of you left comments and expressed interest but did not leave an email address. can't include you on the list if I don't have an email address. if that's you, you know what to do. and if you haven't already, feel free to join the flickr group. not required at all, just something there to join if you like.

for the record, I can't send a postcard to everyone this year. I wish I could, I really do but like my husband says, I have a life, a family to take care of and besides that, the cost of the postage alone would kill me. I'll be putting myself on a couple of the lists, though. and I promise to be as diplomatic about it as I possibly can.

so here's the part where I ask you to be patient with me as I sort out all the details, put together the groups and inevitably make so many mistakes. the details, they are coming. they are, they are, yes they are.

21 comments:

  1. You are a wonder for taking this on. I hope you enjoy it and it doesn't leave you feeling overwhelmed. I would help if I could. I just wanted to thank you for doing this. What fun it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fart. I am always a day late and a dollar short for the fun. Your photos of the postcards you sent are SO COOL Andrea. I love them. That green wall just put a huge smile on my face. Beautifutiful, as we like to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! looking forward to it! just make sure i'm on the list for you and ward!! i want a andrea and ward original! {you know what i'm saying - put me down on the cool list!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are amazing. and i can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy, it will happen when it does. All the same, looking forward though... Good luck.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the least we can all do is send you a postcard so you can fill your wall. If you are not on my list, I would love to send you an extra one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 382 postcards too much for you, girl? c'MON! (wink) hugs from CA to OR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes thank you for taking it on despite the sheer numbers. I like Anne's idea! I would also send you one if you're not on my list. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Anne's idea! 375 postcards, as a little Thank You for a TON of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! that wall! well i missed the boat for sign ups, but gosh i'd send one out to you all just the same - the postcard wall was just the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto jessica and anne's comment. Thank you for doing this - you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I was overwhelmed with excitement the day I found out about the swap and posted two comments, asking to be included. Sorry about that - there should only be one for hdenike@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a doll for keeping with this even as the numbers grew and grew and grew. I'll send you a postcard too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all of your effort with the swap. It seemed to take on a life of its own...I had written you a while ago, when you first posted the swap. I hope I think I left my email, but I tend to be a bit forgetful these days..so, just in case, it's cyndyava@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. the hostess with the mostess always wins and I agree with Anne...you should get a postcard from everyone !! You deserve to be treated by each and everyone of us, after all of your hard work on this project !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would absolutely make an extra postcard to send to you, too! I can't even imagine the logistical nightmare you must be facing to get the lists sorted... 375 postcards for you seems like avery fitting thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't suppose there is a stand-by list. OK I thought not. I'm just sayin, I only just now found you.
    What fun fun fun

    ReplyDelete
  18. ! can't wait to see all the lovliness. i hope i left my email with you...just in case it is jekinthebox at google mail....:)

    *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man. Wish I had been here a couple of weeks ago. Oh well. Maybe I wasn't meant to swap postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man, I forgot to leave my email. I hope it's not too late. Yikes.
    sixaguilars@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete