08 March 2006

LOOK AT ME I'M CUTE



it's like he knows that he's been driving me a little bit nuts lately, as if he read what I wrote about him a couple weeks ago and is on some sort of crazy cuteness campaign. he's turned the charm on high, folks and is hitting me daily with great doses of cuteness-- doses that render me powerless and reduce me to mushy-gushy mommy. and really, I'm not the mushy-gushy mommy type. well, maybe just a little. further proof:

1. the picking up of ava's teeny tiny black plastic barbie phone: holding it carefully to his ear, he whispers, "heh-woh?" the pause and sideways glance tell me just how much he believes someone will be on the other end to answer.

2. the praying: before gobbling down slices of pizza sunday night, he clasps his hands together and shuts his eyes.

3. the demand for equal treatment (as well as the first signs of art-loving): the sight of ava busy at work with her paper and crayons compels him to yell out, "daw! daw! DAW!" the ez wants to draw and who am I to deny him?

4. the cry for help: ezra often finds himself stuck, a sock caught on something, a hand stuck in a jar. which, in turn, causes him to look at me with concern and cry out, "guck! I GUCK!" I am slow to help him because I love to hear him say GUCK.

5. the quirkiness: he randomly acts like a chicken.

6. and the affection: he's blowing kisses. and saying nigh-night and bye-bye. and kissing mommy when requested.



and now he's voluntarily playing in his crib, happily pitching balls over the side and content to hang out with a couple of toys. this is bound to last all of 48 seconds, but still. it's as if he's saying, "see? I know I'm hard work and all, but look at how CUTE I AM, LOOK HOW GOOD I CAN BE. I dare you, woman. I dare you to RESIST MY CHARMS."

you're telling me, kid.

24 comments:

  1. That boy is a great dichotomy of toddlerness, I must say. Cute and adorable and quite a handful. I love him so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a definite SuperSize Helping of Cuteness going on there! :-)

    PS..LOVE the wall color in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. teehee...
    he is the epitome of cuteness.
    :)
    oh...and the room...
    the color...
    i am so loving it
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. big big big cute!

    if he ever doesn't want that globe on his side table i've got dibs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are killing me! sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like one fun little dude! Such a cutie! Love the stories...keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so sweet, and voluntary crib playing?
    i am as green as those walls with envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! so cute. annabel's boy's room is the same colour. nearly exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word. I might steal him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. he is too cute, I say! a little sweet and sour like my luxie. cute, cute CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He sure is a cutie! :)

    I love his room too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This series charms me to no end! So cute. Oh babies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ZZZ - caption or wishful thinking, I like it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He really is so cute. I always thank God that they are because otherwise we might have to send them back. (=

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is a sweetheart! You sure summed it up on him! What a cutie! Thank you, Lord, for this blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my jonas recently stopped beginning every word with "G." I loved it when he would ask me to read him a gook.

    My favorite Jonas-ism is "chahguk" for ketchup. I'm always showing him the bottle just to get him to say it.

    And not only is your baby the cutest, your DECORATING! I hope some day my house comes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha! i just read daria's comment. your green is better. slightly less highlighter marker, more granny smith.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, beautiful baby, beautiful room. You can tell just from the way you decorated his room how much of a rockin' mama you are. It is devine!
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds so very cute! he sure looks cute that little guy especially in that adorable green room with the Z-Z-Z's!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY GOD he's too cute. That age will drive you nutz and equally make you gush all over the place. Such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooooooo CUTEable!! :)) love that phone visual. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you, everyone. thanks for such sweet words about the king of cuteness and my decorating efforts.

    the green of the walls? it's all over the house and is by martha stewart (ah, but of course). the name of the color alludes me. it's something strange though. I know that much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i LOVE those green walls. and that boy in the crib is total CUTENESS!

    ReplyDelete