05 March 2019

95/365

things I want to remember about february:

the discovery of cara cara oranges
the discovery of a secret entrance to the creek
geese wandering in suburban shopping mall parking lots
overheard conversations in the lobby of the hotel clermont
long walks in the neighborhood
a love letter to my library
a valentine in my mailbox from my friend gudrun
the look on ezra's face when I gave him a beater covered in pink frosting
the look on ava's face while visiting an excellent college art department
small embroidered daisies found at salvation army for a dollar, promptly added to the gallery wall
double dutch bus vinyl found at an old used book store for three dollars, promptly put into heavy rotation
branches cut from trees in the backyard, brought inside and put in jars
dollar store candles lining my mantle
the inordinate amount of cakes I baked 
the making of my first roux
the saturday night my dad drove all the way from illinois to surprise me
winter hammock swinging
christmas lights up on the front of the house, still