19 March 2015

hi

hi

the internet never stops and sometimes I don't know what I'm doing here.

it's an ocean of voices and ideas and sometimes it feels like the most beautiful place in the world and sometimes, the ugliest. turn your back on it for a second, lose sight of things for even one second and it will yank you by your ankles and pull you under. before you even know what is happening. isn't this what it feels like? the internet? sometimes? maybe all of the time.

but whenever I go through the thing where I question why I'm here, I come back to this: I like sharing the photographs and the stories. I really do. inevitably, the online landscape will change again and again but for me, it will always come down to this one very simple, basic idea.

I am not alone in this thinking. there are more of you out there, I know this. we are all still navigating the infinite, voices small but mostly steady, clear and true. the internet never stops but neither do we. and for this, I am thankful.

28 comments:

  1. i am thankful for you and your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend. and I am so thankful to have found you and your words in this crazy internet world. xo

      Delete
  2. this spoke to me <3 thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad! and thank you for taking the time to tell me! xo

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that you're one of the voices. Also, I have no idea why I blogs sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and I'm glad *you're* one of the voices. xo

      Delete
  4. My blog is a shameless display of my photography. I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. boom. keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's it for me too girl, the pictures and the stories. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes when i don't post for a while, i dread posting again without saying something. but i've found that it is better to post when the feeling is right, than to not post at all for fear of no one reading or no one remembering me. i'm getting over that, and like you, i'm figuring out this ocean of internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're absolutely right. better to post when the feeling is right. so key, so very key. xo

      Delete
  8. yes. i am here, too. :)
    still.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. hi! and yay! I am so glad you are still here too. xo

      Delete
  10. And we all love hearing your words and seeing your artistic photos, be it every day or once a year. I'll always come back.

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thank you so very much. means a ton. xo

      Delete
  11. thankful, so thankful, for your space on the internet. you are a breath of fresh air, a rare ruby in this vast place. you make the internet worth it. truly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, kelley, those are kind, kind words. beyond kind, actually. xo

      Delete
  12. Hi back. It's good to see you. Better to write when you feel like it, or when inspired, than to force it. We are hear for you. Eagerly waiting your words and images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yes, better to write when you feel like it. so much better. xo

      Delete
  13. I appreciate your space and wholeheartedly agree with your reasoning for coming back to the net. You're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thank you thank you thank you. xo

      Delete