23 November 2012

and we're brining

the truth is that I'm 41 years old and this is the first year I've roasted a turkey. on my own. things got off to a bit of a rough start (thanks in part to yesterday's minor grocery store meltdown) but we're back on track. turkey= currently in fridge brining. BRINING. I don't think I even knew what that word meant up until a few days ago. I've heard the word thrown around but people, cooking is not my thing. I do just enough to get by. thus, I do not know words like brine. but the nice lady working the meat department suggested it (as did a hundred other people on the internets) and now I think I want to brine everything. mostly so I can say the word brine.

6 comments:

  1. Andrea, you always make me smile (and sometimes cry a bit) with your posts. You truly are a special person. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you and yours a grand day.
    good luck with the brining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I don't even know what brine means. lol hope it was a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing you a good brining, and an even gooder thanksgiving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your turkey turned out well. I'm 45 and late last night I totally lost my shit over cooking my first turkey and not having my mother to call for advice when I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love to cook and have yet to ever brine a thing. so you go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete