04 November 2011

more halloween

not nancy drew

she was all set to go as nancy drew and then she saw that pink wig at target. I've always wanted to wear a pink wig, she said. well okay then, you should wear one, I said. because surely halloween was invented for this very reason. for that somebody somewhere who just wanted an excuse to wear a pink wig. I would know nothing about this, of course. nothing at all.

I think

and then there was all the tusken raider business, which I really wish I could take credit for, but I can't. the tusken raider business is totally the husband's doing. whom, I believe, was really making the costume for his inner nine year-old self. meanwhile, ezra fell so deeply in love with it that he vowed to wear it every single halloween until he is old. old like a teenager, he said.

yep

yep, halloween 2011. year of lady bonbon, year of the tusken raider. and one for the books, that's for sure.

9 comments:

  1. i showed my husband the tusken raider costume and he thought it was awesome. did he use toilet paper tubes and a spork for the nose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are so wonderfully creative. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you are down this way with the kids, we will get that little Tusken Raider of yours a tour at the mothership....
    Your kids are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part about these costumes is that they're homemade and full of creative love. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the tusken raider - and who can really resist a pink wig? ;)

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. skirtastop - this is the guilty husband who created the Tusken Raider costume. Yes, those are tp tubes for the eyes (as well as the respirator around the neck). But the mouth piece was actually Sculpey (craft clay that you can bake in the over to harden). I used Sculpey for the "tusks" coming out of the side of the face, as well as the horns on the top of the head.

    I'll probably be doing a how-to post on my blog shortly on how I made the costume. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tusken Raider costume is awesome.
    My boyfriend has a theory that there are as many SW costumes now as there were in the 80s and it's because all the kids who grew up with SW (us) are now at the age where they have little kids of their own. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny, I'm going to have to Google both characters, but I very much want to wear both these costumes - they look so cool.

    ReplyDelete