11 November 2010

serious joy

serious joy

excited to announce I'll be teaching at the oregon coast this spring at the joy retreat-- alongside the amazing mati rose mcdonough and tracy benjamin. painting! polaroids! cooking! all oceanside. pretty much my dream retreat.

in my workshop, we'll be playing with polaroid-- experimenting with a variety of cameras and film. from the classic SX-70 to the beautiful beast that is the automatic 100, from sweet integral film to the joys of peel apart-- we'll be playing with color and light. and we'll be looking at what it means to really slow down and compose with intention. mati's workshop is all about paint and collage, about color, play and spontaneity-- with good music and breaks for strawberries and dark chocolate. tracy's workshop is all about finding joy in cooking-- with hands-on demonstrations, an actual herb and spice lab, quick lessons in food photography and the collaborative preparation of a final feast. I'm telling you, every time I read their workshop descriptions, I die.

registration is open, peoples! march 30th? it can't come too soon.

8 comments:

  1. oh that sounds like such fun! i really admire your photography- you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds blissful!

    Once again I am left wishing that I could hop on a plane!

    Also, beautiful pictures Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That retreat sounds amazing! I've never been to a retreat like that, but this might be the one I make my first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you give an online sx-70 workshop? or better yet, come to the east coast so I can see your beautiful face? that would be just great!

    ReplyDelete