20 February 2009

photobooth friday




dear uncle von,

me and the kids, we've been talking. we're feeling a little down. here's why: we're here, you are not. we think you should move here. we think you and portland could really be good together plus we need you. we miss your endless supply of coins and your excellent school of pool. we miss the way you consistently allowed yourself to be climbed on, jumped over and tackled. we miss the marathon mac photobooth sessions and the genuine enthusiasm you had for the very legendary playmobil hospital. we miss the music from your pink phone and your very contagious late night ways.





personally, I miss all the movie-going (which promptly ended for me the moment you got on that plane back to new york). honestly, I don't know what was more memorable-- watching godfather II at the old hollywood theatre with you or the walk back home afterwards. then came man on wire on new years day (which, okay, you sort of had to talk me into) but you were right, you were so right about that. best film ever to see on the first day of a new year. I'm sorry I doubted you because you know, we will surely be talking about it when we are 100 years old.

mostly, we all just really miss you so please make the necessary arrangements and move here already. and please hurry as we are currently in great need of shiny coins and new music.


xo

you know who


p.s. all the cool bikes are out here. you know I'm right. also, we have annie's donuts.

20 comments:

  1. ok. you have convinced ME!
    now...could you post a note to paulie and liam and convince them?
    hee.

    have a great weekend, my friend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you reveal the location of this portland photobooth? I'm going to be in town next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you reveal the location of this portland photobooth? I'm going to be in town next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kathleen, I have no problem writing a long and convincing letter to your sweet boys. they will surely come around and you will be living la vida loca out here in portland in no time. xo

    L, this particular photobooth is located at house of vintage on hawthorne in SE portland. there's also a beautiful booth in the lobby of the ace hotel, downtown portland. and there are several more. photobooth.net has locations listed, though not all are up to date. still a great resource, though. happy photoboothing! and have a great time here in portland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this post. Makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need post more on Portland. I'm missing New York and not quite loving Portland yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how could uncle von say no?
    heck, I'M moving to Portland now! LOL
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. your brother is one lucky man, to be so loved. I agree, he should move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your letter to Von made me want to visit Portland more than ever. Can we share cameras one day, if I do visit? ; ) Wait, and donuts?? Yep camera's, donuts, and some good food. Does that sound like a plan?

    Wait, this is about Von isn't it. : )

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute...and I know exactly how you feel. My brother is coming to live with us for the summer and I'm trying really hard to figure out how to make him want to stay because I think at the end of the summer when he goes (and I know he will because we don't live in Texas...land where you can be outside 12 months out of the year), 1/2 my heart will go with him.

    Brothers, who knew they were so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. C'mon uncle von, get a plane ticket and come on over! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. uncle von seems so awesome, and who wouldn't fall in love with Portland??

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's very strange- on the show Sunday Morning today was a special segment on "Man on Wire." I read your post during that segment. So now, of course, I must watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking forward to seeing both kathleen and von soon ;-)

    j.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Ava has the cutest smiley smirk in the whole world

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this- it makes me miss my brother. ohhhh man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uncle Von is a hottie! Did you end up convincing him to move? On your way from NY to OR, stop through OH and we can have tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ADORABLE! What a beautiful family:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. uncle von reminds me of my brother, uncle joe. they kinda look alike (you're italian too, right?), he lives in NY too (brooklyn, by chance?), and almost everyone of your fun brother accounts are similar to that of me and my brother's. minus the godfather at an old theater (i wish!). little brothers are the best. sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Photobooth Friday idea! Thanks for showing me that this exists, I am now looking all over London for a photobooth that takes 4 photos and not a single one 4 times!

    A great blog by the way, I'm a fan and follower as of today...

    mischief

    ReplyDelete