22 August 2007
the meme gods, they are begging me do this. they are waving their arms in the air and jumping up and down, trying to get my attention. they know I love a good meme, they know I am weak and cannot resist. also, I have been tagged by so many marvelous women to do this (first meridith, then mati then christina, then kirsten michelle and finally, jennifer). since I don't really believe in meme gods, I am doing this for the girls. but also because I can't stop with all the memes.
eight random things about me:
1. I am an extraordinary parallel parker. I mean it, I nail it pretty much every single time. I don't mean to brag, it's just something I can do. 'tis a thing of beauty, dear friends.
2. I don't like to go grocery shopping. I really REALLY don't like grocery shopping. I don't know why I feel this way. I love to shop for just about everything else (and thoroughly enjoy my weekly trips to the local farmer's market). for some reason, grocery shopping makes me want to lay down and cry like a little baby. I often wait until there's nothing in the pantry but half-opened packets of onion soup mix and taco seasoning before I finally admit defeat and cobble together a list. I am tormented by label-reading and price-comparing and what to make for dinner. sometimes I race through the store like a game show participant. just to see how fast I can get it all over with, just to make it more interesting. other shoppers do not appreciate this, I have discovered. but I do what I have to do to get it over with and I make no apologies. unless of course I take out a shopper or two in the process.
3. horribly guilty pleasures: gawker stalker, spongebob and pixie sticks.
4. I have never been camping. not because I don't want to or don't like it-- it's just something I've never really done. but I'd like to. at least I think I'd like to. actually, I'm quite taken with the idea of spending the night in a yurt. I'd never heard of yurts until I moved out here. don't you love that word? I do. I love the word almost as much as the idea of staying in one (maybe more). would sleeping in a yurt even count as camping? probably not, but I don't care.
5. I think I've mentioned this before but when I was eight, I had a lisp and had to go to speech therapy. I met my first boyfriend there. his name was dustin javorski and he couldn't pronounce his r's. we were impossibly cute together.
6. I love milk. but only skim and with a ridiculous amount of ice.
7. I think I would've liked to have been an art teacher.
8. I almost married my high school sweetheart. and then I met ward.