28 March 2020

56//365

56//365

once

I wandered the streets of a small folly island neighborhood in south carolina. stumbled onto a fence draped with candy-colored fishing buoys and was instantly filled with a particular nostalgia I couldn't name. and then I remembered a picture book I loved when I was little, and the girl in it who wore a beaded necklace, one that looked just like those fishing buoys. I remembered how much I loved that necklace, how much I wanted to hold it in my hands and wear it around my own neck. and so I stood there and let myself slip down inside that lovely childhood rabbit hole for a few minutes. savored the memory of it like the last bit of candy on my tongue.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series SO MUCH xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. thank you so much, friend. (sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into). :)

      Delete