30 September 2009

wednesday: orange



when I was little, my favorite color was orange. I loved the way the word 'orange' sounded. I used to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and pronounce the word over and over. orange. orange. orange. I loved the way my lips seemed to squeeze the word out, how the weight of it seemed to rest solidly in the space between me and my reflection. somehow it felt like a declaration. a declaration of love. orange, I still love you.

for poppytalk's autumn color week)

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't help it. I had to say "orange" several times out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids like to say anaranjado (the Spanish word for orange). I like your 52 strangers project. I think it's much easier to film strangers when you're somewhere other than where you live. Last fall I traveled to NYC and took lots of stranger photos. Just curious - do you ask or do you use a telefoto lens and just take??

    Lucky Candice

    P.S. I was so sad to miss squam this year - Brittany tells me how great your class was on vintage/digital photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and my 3yo are kindred spirits. She is known to wear orange everything on many days of the week. Nothing delights her more than when I serve her orange everything (carrots, oranges, mac + cheddar) for lunch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see a few more posts from you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange is the best color in the world. However, I recently discovered that some people actually pronounce it "ornch." This defeats the purpose entirely.

    Your photo: amazing. It makes me wish I were sitting there, waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. orange is the happiest colour of them all and has always been a favourite :-)

    love this and ahem .. i just said orange several times aloud too, in my cubicle ... there was laughter two cubes down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this picture. The desks, the colors...the orange. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete